Sunday, July 22, 2012

Getting Back at it!

I've written many blogs over the past couple of years; only they were in my head. They were brilliant! Enlightening and funny. If only Siri read my thoughts as I composed them. There are many things I'd like to get back into the habit of doing regularly. This blog being one of them. I'm at a point where I'm so busy with all aspects of life: work, theatre, fitness, nutrition. Where to start and what to do first is mind boggling. Obviously prioritize. Need food and shelter, so work comes first. Well, brining home a pay cheque is top priority. Doesn't mean I'm in love with my job, just that I need to not lose it! Work is beyond busy. I'm not the only one in that situation. As my mother would say "at least you have a job." Yes, thanks Mom. I've been at the same workplace for over two years now. That's a new record for me in the past ten years. I have a strong team that I've built up over that time. We do good work, have interesting and challenging projects, and we all get along. But it's in technology. Yes that old topic again. Do I do it cause it's all I know? Or is it just easy? It pays me a decent salary. Sorry. If someone would pay me the same to sit on the couch at home, I'd do that! Well, I might get bored after awhile. At least after I had caught up on the movies and series I've missed. But changing jobs takes time and energy; neither of which I have right now. At all. I'm working on no less than three major projects at work, two theatre productions with two in the wings, and I'm trying to get back into the health and fitness regime. So job hunt off. I still like my current one. No, that line is not just for my boss who might read my blog. Ok, maybe a little. Hey, I keep telling him I never thought I'd make it over two years! Hirer beware. My hurdle to battle today is getting my health back in line. I've had a few physical injuries in the past couple of years; nothing major, just pulled this or that. Plus several colds, and general energy blahs. So I'm commiting to get my eating habits back on track and to start working out regularly. My goals are to drop a few pounds of extra fat, and be able to touch my toes. Yep, don't need the six pack, but would love to have them, or the bulging arms. I have never been flexible. At all. I can't touch my toes. I can't sit on the floor with my legs crossed. So how to get started? I need some help. I'm looking at some options and will follow up here as I try them out. Now what's for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment